At Bridges we are more than Engineers. As a team we shape and support engineering and construction for our clients who in turn touch the daily lives of millions of people across the UK. We have a large diverse team of talented Safe & Happy People, combining their strengths and ambition to bring innovation and evolution which ensures Sustainability for all stakeholders.
Across our key sectors – Power and Energy, Water, and Aggregates – we deliver diverse and interesting projects and programmes throughout UK infrastructure. Our projects range in value from £5k to £10m taking the role of Principle Contractor and Principal Designer on schemes and also supporting our valued Tier 1 contractor clients in a subcontractor and off-site manufacturing capacity.
When you join us, you’ll be part of our exciting journey.
Wherever your journey begins with us, through mutual engagement, we’ll make sure you are supported and invested in. We believe in ‘team bridges’ and leadership at all levels with our guiding principles; Safe People, Happy People, Sustainable Business.
Come and be part of our team!
- Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Day to day management of staff and subcontractors working on assigned projects
- Taking responsibility for the health & safety of self and all under your control
- Creation of the appropriate Project Initiation Document (PID), setting success criteria in line with Business objectives. Tracking, managing & updating throughout the project lifecycle
- Produce the programme of works, risk register and assumptions for baseline at the start of the project and gain approval from the Regional Manager
- Produce and maintain project documentation according to the Project Artefact Matrix
- Control project expenditure to satisfy the success criteria set out in the PID and contract
- Create, manage, and update project programmes, ensuring compliance with the contract type whilst maintaining its effectiveness as a planning tool
- Close liaison and management of the Client and other stakeholders as appropriate, promoting Bridges’ capability and maximising opportunities
- Make informed decisions both small and large, in such a way that Business risk is controlled and uncertainty minimized
- Escalate issues to the Project Manager as necessary
- Accept and manage issues escalated from site personnel
- Work within a monthly project reporting structure together with the Project Manager, responsible for receiving & providing accurate project information for review, discussion and action
- Manage performance, measuring delivery milestones, quality outputs, programme variance and contribution to the business core values
- Liaison with procurement to ensure effective management of long lead items taking into consideration contract payment terms as well as committed costs, accruals and project / business cashflow
- Monitor, review and ensure effective change management
- Proactively manage the impact on and protection of the environment
- Responsible for updating site documentation and adhering to agreed systems and processes
- Delegate to Supervisors as appropriate
- Effectively manage the O&M outputs of the projects effectively and to programme deadlines
- Finish and close out projects to programme
- APM – Willingness to undertake Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ)
- Experience in the water industry
- Excellent client engagement and communication skills
- Knowledge of health & safety legislation and company procedures
- Appropriate City & Guilds trade Qualification where appropriate
- Computer literate
- Experience in using planning software such as Microsoft Project
- Willingness to learn and undertake occupational and Health and Safety training
- Prepared to take responsibility for self and others
- Good communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to give and take instruction
- Ability to analyse project performance and produce project reports
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR BRIDGES
RoSPA Gold Medal winner, Bridges - is an excellent company to work for and a great place to develop your career. Our goal is to exceed the very highest standards and ensure our people work in a culture of health, safety and wellbeing. We are a family run business with a friendly and welcoming culture, and are dedicated to helping our employees learn, develop and achieve success - along with us and throughout their careers.
Bridges also offers an excellent benefits package:
- Competitive salaries
- Health cash plan with Healthshield
- Standard Life Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Bike 2 Work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee recognition schemes
Bridges is an equal opportunities employee and is committed to ensuring equality and diversity within the workplace.
Please visit our careers page to apply - https://careers.bridgesltd.co.uk