A SME carpentry and joinery subcontractor based in Ruislip, West London, requires a full-time Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Manager to manage and maintain the company’s QSHE systems and procedures both on and off site.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Key responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and maintain the company Integrated Management System for OHSAS 45001, 9001 and ISO 14001 standards and certification,
- Prepare, review and updating of policies and procedures relating to the management of QSHE.
- Maintain the business’s SSiP accreditation and certification, including CHAS, Construction-line, SMAS, Achilles, etc.
- Provide guidance and advice to the business on compliance with statutory requirements and company standards.
- Understand and reflect the company Key Performance Indicators for continual Business improvement.
- Undertake Risk Assessments and compile Safe Systems of Work and Method Statements.
- Working with operational teams to ensure that QSHE is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified; both externally and with Project/Site visits.
- Undertaking 'active' monitoring of company projects using the monitoring system.
- Highlighting areas where poor practice and/or significant risk have occurred.
- Investigating accidents/incidents and producing detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement to management.
- Liaising with enforcing authorities.
- Work with senior Managers and/or Directors on the development and implementation of Health & Safety strategies for improvement.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and best practices in the industry.
- Provide professional support and advice to the Senior Management Team and Staff on Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters.
- Undertake the role of CDM Regulations 2015 advisor on certain projects.
- Raise awareness on QSHE & sustainability issues through toolbox talks, briefings & delivering training.
Qualifications / Competencies
- Up to date knowledge of UK legislation in relation to QSHE Operation to ISO 45001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Standards.
- Nebosh Construction Certificate holder.
- CDM-2015 Duty Holders and Responsibilities Certificate (or equivalent) holder.
- CSCS card holder – Management standard.
- Grad IOSH membership desirable.
- IT Skills – in-particular Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Good management/organisational skills, with ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Understand and maintain company KPI’s in relation to future business improvement.
- Experience in preparing Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Experience in delivering presentations/training sessions.
- At least five years construction experience.
In the first instance please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org