For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand and can deliver the whole process – or just part of it – from Investment to Development to Construction. But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy…
We are always looking for people to come with us on the journey.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Manager to be based in and around the Manchester region. The Quality Manager will apply advanced knowledge in a specialist stream (Quality Management) and basic to intermediate knowledge in more than one other job category to difficult and varied business issues, requiring broad-based solutions and an understanding of other job areas. Works independently within established guidelines, and recommend appropriate alternatives. May instruct or coach others, direct projects or assignments.
The role is based in the Quality Management Team within the Integrated Solutions Team, LLis. It is a UK wide role, focusing on supporting the project within the Manchester and surrounding regions in particular, reporting into the Head of Quality Management. The primary activity for the role is to provide Quality Support to the Construction business by ensuring that the sites supported are aware and carrying out the required quality related activities. Additionally, the role is to help ensure the Construction Business maintains their ISO Certification, including ensuring our associated Quality Management System (QMS) is current, which will require liaison with our external orders. As the Quality Team supports the whole European Business the role will also be to provide Quality Management assistance in other areas outside Construction.
The role is to assist in the application of the operational company procedures in relation to Quality Management activities, while also monitoring there implementation by conducting internal and external audits. Training is a part of the role to implement company procedures, whilst adding value and consistency of delivery to the services the company provides.
The role will be to provide advice and support for the Projects, including all staff carrying out Quality related activities as required by the Management Systems in the business, ensuring that advice is consistent across projects. This advising role will include the development of existing and new processes and procedures, including enhancing documents, templates and ways of working within the business.
The role is also to support the other members of the Quality team and other support services, to ensure that quality management and the overall management system remain current and applicable to the business needs and the ISO 9001 Standard, as well as carrying out audits and site visits in support of the project teams. Additionally, the role is to provide support where needed to other areas of the business, this can include developing new processes and ways of working, with the future intent of obtaining ISO 9001 and other ISO certification for areas of the business that do not currently hold those standards.
Above all else for this role a positive attitude is essential, someone who will quickly interact and complete the task under their own initiative. The role will be varied and unpredictable as it needs to respond to various situations, whether during tendering, construction or when legacy issues arise outside of our control. Its reactive nature must take precedence to assist the project teams in resolving issues, but all feasible time should be spent proactively preventing issues arising through site visits and audits.
- Provide technical support to sites through reviews and checking of on-site works, ensuring that works match the design information, relevant International and British standards and manufactures technical information and other defined requirements.
- Provide technical support to sites through reviews of compliance paperwork, ensuring that Lendlease has the right records to prove works have been carried out correctly.
- Carry out Site visits and Quality Audits as required by the business in line with the company procedures and defined schedules for these activities.
- Provide guidance and training to project staff and sub-contractors on all matters relating to Quality and Management Systems for both on site works and company process and procedures.
- To provide support to the development and management of the company information and defects management systems including ensuring that robust records are maintained.
- Support project teams by audit of designers and sub contractor’s activities on or off-site to ensure effectiveness of Quality Management activities.
- Verify that controls are in place to monitor the quality of construction work and a ‘Right First Time’ culture is instilled at projects
- Provide support where needed in the setup of projects with all quality management related activities with input from the rest of the quality management team
- Help to ensure Lendlease staff are aware of all requirements for the implementation of management systems meeting the requirements of the international standard for quality systems ISO 9001, to ensure that the company continues to be ISO certified.
- Provide support in collecting and helping to improving KPI data and scores for both assigned projects and the whole company where required.
- To provide support where need in the review of KPI’s
- Interact with other support services to ensure an integrated approach is taken for solutions to quality management and other activities.
- Through day to day activities, site visits and audits, reviews the company quality system and recommending improvements to ensure continual improvement.
- To capture, from day to day activities, lessons learnt relating to issues that may arise during the various phases of a project and feed the issue and solutions into the management system and into work practices to prevent re-occurrences
- To train and give guidance to employees, sub-contractors or other interested parties in relation to the operational procedures and the ethos of Right First Time construction.
- Help project teams to ensure compliance to client quality systems as required
- Ability to guide and steer project team through support in the delivery of Right First Time.
- Working knowledge of a variety of EDMS software platforms in the construction industry
- Ability to develop processes and procedures through understanding of key requirements
- Able to provide technical training.
- Proven audit competence
- Capability to influence site teams and sub-contractors to achieve the correct levels of quality performance on site.
- Ability to provide quality management support to projects through technical expertise.
- Working knowledge of defects management systems within the construction industry
- Ability to interpreted data into improvement plans
- Ability to continually improve both process and procedures within the business
- Ability to direct sub-contractors in aspects of Quality Management to achieve Right First Time.
- Ability to present ideas and messages relating to quality to site teams, members of the business and sub-contractors.
To apply online click here.
Lendlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.