Quantity Surveyor – HS2 Enabling Works – Birmingham
Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking for a new challenge? If so then Murphy Group is keen to hear from you, we are looking for someone to lead on the delivery of Commercial Management Services for our new project.
As part of HS2 enabling works, we have been awarded the Work Package 62. The project focus is highways and utility diversion and comprises of heavy earthworks, roadworks (tarmac, signalling, fencing white lining), traffic management, deep drainage works, multiple utilities diversions, non-contestable utility connections and construction of attenuation pond with the associated penstock chambers and outfalls.
· Preparation of internal commercial reporting and any other reports which may be required.
· Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment with full supporting documentation in accordance with the contract.
· Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client with contractually compliant supporting documentation.
· Preparation and management of subcontract and material procurement schedules.
· Administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
· Undertake the contract administration, including change management and maintain associated registers.
· Identifying commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change
· As well as a HND/Degree qualification you will be registered with RICS/ICES and working towards Chartership
· You will have experience within construction/engineering and a commercial background
· Commercially astute, you will also be computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office applications
· You will have excellent communication skills as well as the ability to negotiate and persuade others.
For more information and to apply please visit our website here.