For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand and can deliver the whole process – or just part of it – from Investment to Development to Construction.
But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy…
We are currently recruiting for an RC Frame Manager to join our Construction business on a major regeneration project located in Central London. The RC Frame Manager will provide technical, commercial and operational support, together with production, quality and operational/site management support. They will also have a link with the LL internal engineering group with respect to its areas of expertise.
The role of the Manager is to ensure that an effective and productive liaison is established with respect to all aspects of the demolition, dismantling, substructure and superstructure delivery between the design team, project / site team, commercial, client teams and supply chain putting the expertise of all to the best possible use. The Manager will liaise with the Project Director and Design Manager and will be instrumental in coordinating and guiding the consultant team and supply chain through the delivery of the packages to mitigate design risk and maximise value to the client/business. On this project, the Manager is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of the demolition/dismantling, piling and structural packages in their entirety i.e. from design through to completion.
- Managing the structural concrete packages ensuring good quality, uniform technical and site management support in areas such as:
- At design development stage where innovation in design or construction methodology will increase the completeness of the design.
- Prepare all scope documents relating to all the packages and ensure final sign off of ‘invitation to tender’ packs prior to issue to the market.
- Ensure all non-conformances and defects which arise during factory or on-site works are recorded on relevant systems and closed out by the construction team.
- At design stage carrying out due diligence studies, reviewing contractors’ proposals and auditing of suppliers.
- Assist site management in the delivery, including production and quality issues carrying out onsite inspections and addressing any technical queries which arise and monitor compliance with Employer’s Requirements / brief.
- Chair regular progress meetings with the subcontractors to monitor their progress
- Chair regular meeting with the relevant consultants.
- Undertake regular factory inspections to monitor quality against the benchmarks and progress.
- Corporate support including IKonnect, Community of Practices, specialist training provision and as specialists in matters of contract settlement or dispute resolution.
- Working collaboratively with the LL project teams to support marketing of LL services and developing strategies to secure high quality projects.
- Work collaboratively with the procurement team to develop the supply chain and ensure accuracy of data.
- Work collaboratively with the LL H&S Department to develop world class procedures and ensure all safe working practices are reviewed with the construction team prior to sign off for works commencement.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Providing a significant value added service in the form of cost and time efficiencies, gained due to innovative engineering or improved risk control.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate personal leadership, integrity and creativity on technical cutting edge projects.
- Demonstrates confidence and technical knowledge and experience in the process of project delivery.
- Operational expertise and capability in both the design and construction process.
- Client focused, understanding requirements and feasibility.
- Adaptive and disciplined for time management, ability to work on own initiative.
- Technical competence in structural design and ability to carry out due diligence studies of drawings and specifications
- Experienced in communicating technical information at all levels; both technical and non-technical to customer/client, peers and stakeholders.
- Broad experience in the use (both design and construction) of advanced/market leading materials and techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of temporary works procedures and demonstration of good problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of the supply chain including subcontractors and suppliers.
- Good interpersonal skills including written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Thorough appreciation of building costs and programming issues based on experien
- Thorough on-site experience
- Experience in AutoCAD applications.
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, MSP, BIM & Aconex
To apply online click here.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people. Imagine what more you can do here.
Lendlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.