We are currently recruiting for a Senior Construction Manager (Night Shift) with extensive experience in Shell and Core commercial high rise building2 to join the project team at our 8 Bishopsgate project.
The site is located at 8 Bishopsgate in the City of London and situated amongst the north east cluster of tall buildings in the City. The building sits at a key junction of Bishopsgate and Leadenhall Street, with a service road access from the East via Undershaft accessed from St Mary’s Axe.
The development, a 51-storey commercial building, provides 574,000 square foot (NIA) of office space with a total area of 914,000 square foot (GIA). This includes a 3-level basement comprising secant piled walls to the perimeter with reinforced concrete and steel columns, walls and floor slabs Foundations consist of a raft to the South and high load capacity 60m deep, base grouted, bentonite piles to the North. The basement includes core plant areas, amenity spaces including showers, toilets and cycle parking facilities. The loading bay and key back of house building management areas are accessed from lower ground floor (via Undershaft) and L1 (Mezzanine)
- Manage the provision of expertise in the implementation of project engineering operations, and / or on-site engineering services for the designated area to contribute to the completion of engineering assignments, and ensure delivery of construction projects within the agreed timeframe and budgetary parameters, in compliance with applicable standards and procedures and achievement of organisational objectives.
- Manage project engineering activities which may include feasibility studies, instructions, specifications and the achievement of time and cost objectives to complete assigned projects in accordance with agreed parameters, and / or coordinate the preparation of construction reports, contracts and schedules, which may involve managing tender and contract documentation, ensuring proper review in accordance with quality assurance procedures and in compliance with applicable standards, may prepare reports and documentation (e.g. plans) to deliver technical and expert information, provide input to inform decision making.
- Monitor and review engineering activities, plans and equipment and maintain current knowledge of complex technical, policy and labour developments, recommending changes to ensure quality delivery of engineering projects, monitor work progress, proactively identifying and rectifying problems and/or non-conformances, escalating as appropriate and providing expert input and/or recommendations to ensure all issues are appropriately addressed in a prompt manner and risks are minimised.
- Maintain current knowledge and keep abreast of current developments and trends, ensuring site management and execution of construction projects in accordance with best practice industry standards and in compliance with applicable legislation, may participate in the formulation and development of programmes aligned with business plan and team objectives which may involve analysing business drivers and recommending cost-saving procedures.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders which may include engineers, technicians, site supervisors and contractors, and provide mentoring, coaching and support to team members through training and feedback to encourage and develop internal capabilities and to ensure that team members are adequately resourced to perform. ;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a related technical discipline, combined with an advanced knowledge across multiple roles or specialities.
- Experience in a project or site engineering role and undertaking complex and high volume business projects, and/or expert knowledge of construction and property development industries, and engineering project management principles, with an in-depth understanding of engineering and site management principles.
- Written and verbal communication skills to facilitate decision making, influence and build relationships with key stakeholders, and the ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation.
- Decision Making, Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking, Technology and Process, Verbal Communication, Written Communication.
To apply online click here.
Lendlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.