About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd is a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Contracts Manager to work in our southern regional operations. Our contracting teams are leading within the highways industry providing full project management from design and concept through to construction and maintenance. We work on high profile projects within the infrastructure industry such as highway maintenance, marine, surfacing and traffic management.
About the Role
The Senior Contracts Manager will provide safe & efficient direction of their regional structure, managing across all core disciplines and potential growth areas in the South West. Ensuring management of key client expectations, whilst providing engagement and development of new client opportunities. Working seamlessly with our preconstruction & business development functions whilst overseeing and encourage compliance with all quality procedures and safe working practices, ensuring all works are delivered to the highest possible Health, Safety and environmental standards, whilst safeguarding the wellbeing of all employees.
Throughout all contracts, the Senior Contracts Manager will be accountable for, the delivery of the service and client value, ensuring that highways activities are fully integrated and working in partnership to achieve stakeholder goals, objectives, targets and desired outcomes. Leading the regional operations, continually improving and ensuring compliance.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
You will have proven experience of developing client relationships and operational solutions prior to and during the tender phases for opportunities before moving through to mobilise and management of contracts following award. Be able to demonstrate excellent experience in highway civil engineering construction and management, with the ability to coach / mentor staff, showing the development and retention of competent and empowered people. The successful candidate will have previously been in a Contracts Manager role with responsibility for cost and value performance of regional profit centres, acting within financial authorities, in respect of contract revenue, expenditure and budgets in line with operational forecasts.
You will also have:
- Appropriate ONC/HNC/HND qualification in Construction / Civil Engineering
- Minimum 10yrs experience in a similar or equivalent role
- Suitable construction qualification and training course attendance
- Full clean driving licence
- Hold a high level of experience in highway construction and maintenance
- CSCS Professionally Qualified
- SMSTS / IOSH (Safety Related Qualification)
- Excellent contractual and commercial awareness
- Experience in providing a good understanding of operational and technical considerations in determining effective solutions to support strategic bidding opportunities.
- Experience of understanding the commercial and legal issues applicable to contracting
- Business acumen
- Knowledge of business management systems
To apply online click here.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met.