Powerplus Group is a progressive National Contractor specialising in Electrical & Mechanical, Lighting and Renewable Technologies' for design and installation.
As part of our continued growth and further expansion plans, we seek a Senior Electrician with a self-starter and self-motivated mindset to join our ever-growing team.
The role would be based in our Nottingham head office, but travel is required, working away on projects when needed.
Applicants will need to demonstrate sound technical electrical knowledge. The role would suit someone who is in or wishes to progress to management level.
Do you want to be part of something exciting?
- Permanent position available within a portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- Ability to build your career by assisting in the delivery of 'Market Leading' engineering projects
- Work with a vibrant, agile, and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, and to budget
- Be part of our development programme that will enhance your leadership capabilities for future career progression
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages across projects.
- Installation of Electrical technology across Domestic, Commercial and Industrial Sites, both new build and refurbishment live sites
- Working for direct clients in the Public and Private Sectors
- Carrying out works on construction sites, on behalf of Main Contractors
- Project Team Management on-site and agreeing daily work tasks, where required
- Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Project Team. Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting to project team
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing
- Work safely at all times, with a focus on quality and environmental performance
- Working efficiently to adhere to tight project timescales, without sacrificing HSEQ responsibilities
- Complete all work-related documentation accurately and on time
- Understand and comply with policies and procedures
- Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities, as required
Key Skills required
- Minimum 5+ years of Commercial experience on Electrical Projects (required)
- Fully Qualified Electrician to 17th/18th Edition Requirements (required)
- NVQ Level 3, City and Guilds 2391/2394/5 (required)
- JIB Card (required)
- IPAF, 3a/3b (advantageous)
- Ability to work on own initiative and can prioritise without direction
- Speed and accuracy of work a priority
- Able to process Administration tasks associated with the role
- Committed, reliable and flexible
- High levels of communication
- The ability to work within a diverse team
- A desire for career progression
- A full driving licence
- Permanent right to work in the UK, without Employer support
Working hours will typically be Monday-Friday 07:30-16:00 with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break. Overtime and evening/weekend work can be available subject to projects works, in addition to normal operational hours.
To apply to the vacancy please attach a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to Natalie Cunningham at email Natalie@powerplusgroup.co.uk
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if enough applications are received. We may not contact unsuccessful applicants, therefore, if you do not hear from us within 14 days of the vacancy closing, your application has been unsuccessful.
Due to the confidential nature of some of our business and clients, applicants chosen for any form of interview may be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA).
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Powerplus Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Powerplus’ dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all our content and across the business. Diversity is more than a commitment at Powerplus - it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES, THANK YOU