Our civil and structural engineering design business, Skanska Technology, which sits within the Operational Efficiency Enabling Function is looking for a Senior Engineer to join the team.
The successful candidate will provide infrastructure engineering design services on a range of design and build projects to both in-house and external clients.
The is a key role where you will be responsible for the technical and commercial delivery of a small portfolio of projects or sections of larger projects.
- Be responsible for the technical and commercial delivery of infrastructure engineering design projects, specifically the design of foul and surface water designs, levels and external works
- Work collaboratively with customers to understand and develop project objectives and to build excellent customer relationships
- Plan, direct & control tasks, people & resources
- Plan and manage delivery of projects to agreed time and cost
- Prepare specifications, and supporting site and works information, technical reports and other technical output
- Undertake technical training/mentoring of Engineers, Graduate Engineers and Trainees
We're looking for:
- An accredited degree in Civil Engineering
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer with the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE) or Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Experience in the design of roads and drainage infrastructure, predominantly estate roads and obtaining associated statutory approvals. Involvement will be from feasibility through to construction
- Experience with legal applications and process such as S104/ S106 / S38 and S278
- Familiarity with Eurocodes and other relevant design standards
- Working knowledge of relevant software, including Microsoft Project, Excel and Word, MicroDrainage, AutoCAD and Civil3D
Operational Efficiency brings together a number of disciplines across Skanska UK that are key drivers of operational efficiency. These disciplines include; procurement and supply chain, design and design management, building information modelling, industrialisation, quality, business improvement and innovation.
A career with us means you’ll have the opportunity to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
Please note this is an advert for our Job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at anytime at the sole discretion of Skanska.
For a full job description or to have a confidential discussion please contact Paramjit.email@example.com
To apply online click here.