Senior Engineer – HS2 Enabling Works – Birmingham
Murphy’s are looking to recruit a Senior Engineer to work with our team on the HS2 Enabling Works. As the Senior Engineer you will provide a cost conscious and safe engineering service to a Project. You will enjoy managing more junior engineers and assists the Construction / Project Manager with construction of the project.
As part of HS2 enabling works, we have been awarded various Work Packages. The project focus is highways and utility diversion and comprises of heavy earthworks, roadworks (tarmac, signalling, fencing white lining), traffic management, deep drainage works, multiple utilities diversions, non-contestable utility connections and construction of attenuation pond with the associated penstock chambers and outfalls.
- Supervise assistant and site engineers
- Assist with temporary works design schemes
- Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
- Maintain good working relations with client / designer / Team, together with our supply chain.
- Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
- Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process.
- Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / project team.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
- At least 5 years, proven experience in large civil engineering projects.
- Ability to produce, implement and manage safe systems of work for construction procedures.
- Ability and confidence to communicate and present to Top Level Management, Senior level clients and public.
- An understanding of the commercial issues in undertaking a large scale construction project.
- Ability and confidence to discuss engineering issues with people across various levels and disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of current civil engineering legislation as well as Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
To apply online click here.