VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK and provide specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets to provide a truly integrated service to clients. We possess proven experience and deliver successful projects in a wide range of industries, including commercial, industrial, education, rail infrastructure and depots, airports, waste and energy.
Our teams of skilled and dedicated staff work closely with our clients to understand their requirements and objectives to deliver quality projects that are innovative, sustainable and exceed expectations.
Of upmost importance on all our sites and projects is the safety of our 650+ employees, our subcontractors and the communities in which we work.
VolkerFitzpatrick is part of VolkerWessels UK, a multi-disciplinary construction and civil engineering group operating across the UK in six operating companies.
We are now looking for a Senior Estimator to join the Build Business. The Role of the Estimating Department is to produce the most competitive net cost and to establish, maintain and improve procedures for the control and effectiveness of the Estimating Function in line with Company Policy and Business Objectives.
- To personally be responsible for controlling the tender preparation process from receipt
- through adjudication, to delivery on time.
- To produce competitive and accurate Tenders
- To Interpret and understand technical, commercial and contractual requirements of tender
- To remain fully conversant with current legislation.
- To actively pursue alternatives and innovations.
- To arrange and attend Tender debriefs with Clients and monitor results.
- To ensure that the operations team fully understand the Tender at adjudication and
- To maintain a good overall knowledge of competitors.
- To carry out special projects from time to time as directed by the Chief Estimator.
- To regularly visit operational sites and actively seek feedback.
- To develop relationships with Clients, professionals, subcontractors and suppliers.
- To train support staff.
- To establish a personal development plan and demonstrate its effectiveness by frequent
- review with the Chief Estimator / Estimating Director.
Skills and Experience:
- To possess a sound construction/engineering knowledge
- To have good mathematical knowledge
- To be up to date with IT packages including Workspace & Conquest
- To remain constantly aware of events and continually evaluate costs to maintain a leading edge within the market place
- To have good overall knowledge of Competitors
- To keep up to date with current legislation
- Understand the conditions of contract
- Be able to set up and maintain good systems and procedures.
- To possess effective Time Management skills, with a demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines.
To apply, please click on the link here.