GCL is one of the UK’s leading Groundworks and RC Frame Contractors with a fantastic reputation for delivering quality projects that are on time and safety critical. Established over 22 years ago and based out of their head office in Welwyn Garden City, this £130 million turnover business specialises in Concrete Frames, Groundworks and Basement Construction.
We are looking for a Senior Estimator to join our team at Head Office.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Interacting with clients about new & existing tenders.
- Assessing tender information & discuss in internal meetings.
- Producing a list of key questions and assessments for mid-tender meeting.
- Sourcing the most competitive external quotes for activates not covered internally.
- Furnishing our buying department with material quants for current market rates.
- Reviewing programme and buildability techniques with the planner.
- Producing full BoQ/LS for the current tender submission, with current rates.
- Updating costs/rates.
- Maintain historical costs.
- Keep up to date with current and new techniques which, includes visiting sites.
- Complete the Terms & Condition /Exclusions & Clarifications for each individual tender.
- Review tender with GCL senior team prior to submission.
- Submitting the tender pack in a full and timely manner to the client.
- Coordinate with the clients’ estimator and set up a tender review meeting.
- Review and assess subcontractor’s submissions.
- Attend the tender meetings and represent GCL with relation to financial discussions.
- Review / amend the tender based on feedback from the client & resubmit.
- Produce a tender pack for handover, once tenders have been awarded.
- Lead internal tender handover meetings – Preparation is key.
- Feed back to the rest of the team on the pros and cons over the tender process with that particular client and/or subcontractors.
- Risk reviews on tenders.
The duties and responsibilities set out may be varied from time to time to reflect the changing environment and pressures the business may face
Benefits of working for GCL:
- Competitive salary with confidence of working for an established and growing company.
- Career growth for the right candidate.
- A stimulating & dynamic environment.
- Dedicated Training & Development Department.
- Team bonding events.
If you are interested in the above role please email your CV to: email@example.com