nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Our Telecoms business provides the management and delivery of national and regional network infrastructure to major communications providers. This includes installations, improvements, repairs and 24 hour emergency response networks to high speed fibre networks. We apply our expertise at each stage of the project lifecycle to ensure smooth delivery to our customers and clients.
nmcn are looking to recruit a Senior Operations Manager (Cabling & Splicing) to lead our High-capacity Network delivery team with proven experience in the Telecoms sector and particularly on the Virgin media and BT network to be based at our Warrington Depot. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of High-capacity Network rollout with the delivery of over 200 major programs connections nationwide. The successful applicant must have extensive experience on the Virgin media and Openreach network and particularly the High-capacity Network workstreams, incorporating PIA delivery.
Your main responsibility will be to efficiently manage the programme of works whilst providing strong leadership for the operational and planning function and to act as an ambassador for nmcn with the client. You will ensure that commercial and operational delivery targets are met, adequate resources are deployed, effectively managed and monitored and that the relevant personnel within the team are trained and accredited to ensure safety / quality standards are met first time.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Provide clear leadership to the High-capacity Network delivery team that results in the delivery of all contract targets and devolves ownership of this delivery to individual team members
- Control and manage resources (Both subcontractors and direct FTEs) within the contract to achieve the productivity and efficiency targets set by nmcn and the client
- Manage and plan the contract resources and activities to meet the financial, operational and quality targets
- Ensure that output is in line with the run rates and delivery plan submitted to the client
- Continual review of resources and activities with a view to maximising the operational performance and ensuring cost effectiveness
- Be accountable for the P+L for the area of operation. Have a complete understanding on the financial status of the area of responsibility and be able to report as required on level of performance and adherence to targets
- Ensure that all employee relations issues on the contract are managed efficiently and effectively. Provide concise leadership to project teams which encompass various disciplines (e.g. High capacity Network/ Ops / NRSWA / Scheduling / Commercial)
- Manage and develop relationships through maintaining regular contacts with the relevant client representatives
- Continual review of existing working practices with a view to introducing alternatives promoting efficiency, through monitoring and analysing performance
- Look for ways to increase/ exceed customer satisfaction whilst maintaining the company’s financial position
- Be responsible for cashflow for the area of operation and the timely resolution of accounts and control of WIP
- Provide support to the General Manager in all areas of the contract as required
- Ensure that all QESH procedures are adhered to and that all activities are carried out with due regard to the Health and Safety of all employees, clients and members of the public
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- Extensive experience within the Telecoms Delivery industry – Particularly on the Virgin media and BT High-capacity Network delivery workstreams ( Cabling & Splicing)
- Extensive experience of managing high performing teams, across business-critical contracts
- Extensive understanding of building new fibre infrastructure and associated network builds
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- IT Literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Bonus incentive
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
To apply online click here.
Please note – we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.