McLaughlin & Harvey are one of the leading Building and Civil Engineering Contractors operating throughout the UK and Ireland.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Planner to join the team.
Reporting to the Head of Planning, the Senior Planner has responsibility for the development and monitoring of programme solutions. These solutions will include developing: tender submissions, construction / target programmes, procurement scheduling, resource/cost allocations, on site duties, short-term planning and the co-ordination of report development.
Working closely with the Head of Planning, Bid Directors and Project Delivery Teams the Senior Planner will contribute to the continued success and growth of the Construction Division and will be expected to meet personal development targets, project goals and business unit targets.
An excellent team working ethos is essential to fulfil the job role. Travel may be necessary to fulfil the tender and operational support requirement of the business.
- Provide consistent, accurate and reliable programme data.
- Develop and communicate planning intent and proposed solutions competently using Asta PowerProject.
- Can communicate and present planned intent and logic assumptions clearly both internally and externally to the MCLH business unit.
- Develop project specific Programmes, Method Statements and Logistics Plans during both the bid and operational phases.
- Keep records of any assumptions or constraints that have been made whilst developing Project Programmes, Schedules and Logistics Plans.
- Develop Information Required and Procurement Schedules from the Project Programmes.
- Review tender/construction drawings/specifications/bills to understand the project, to establish a robust programme solution.
- Review subcontractor programmes with the Project Delivery Team; compare them to the Project Programmes and provide briefing reports.
- Understand Contractual Obligations and how programmes can be impacted and recognise Changes / Variations and Delay Entitlement.
- An understanding of the planning obligations required on various forms of construction contracts.
- Develop and monitor detailed Short-Term Programmes in conjunction with the Project Delivery Team.
- Effectively present and communicate the impact of programmed activity slippage and critical path analysis.
- Accurately measure and justify progress and reporting estimates against the programme targets.
- Supporting & developing other members of the planning department team.
- Undertake any other duties which may be required by management.
Construction related qualification
- Demonstrate relevant previous experience in Building/Construction.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the construction process from inception to completion of a project.
- Demonstrate a good IT knowledge – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail whilst reviewing and compiling programme solutions.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Possess good inter-personal skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Can work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
What's in it for you?
At McLaughlin and Harvey we offer a fantastic benefits package including the following:
• Flexible and Hybrid working
• Competitive salary
• 33 days annual leave entitlement
• Generous pension contributions
• Life Assurance
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply by clicking here.
McLaughlin & Harvey are an equal opportunities employer