We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please get in touch.
Permanent: Site based with flexible working available
Part of the Laing O'Rourke Group, Crown House Technologies (CHt) is one of the UK's leading building and infrastructure technology services provider, supplying a complete Building Services package. CHt requires a senior Project Planner who will be responsible for developing, managing, and monitoring the project programme and controls and is a key member of the team to deliver the scheme.
What will the role look like?
- Provide leadership for the planning and coordination processes.
- The senior project planner also gives strategic and commercial advice on programme implications.
- To implement and maintain the requirements of the Project Business Plan.
- Ensure that the construction strategy and any recommended improvements are communicated.
- Provide leadership, support and training, and contribute to career development.
- Coordinate for stakeholders, partners and supply chain all time-related information.
- Undertake additional responsibilities and tasks as required by the project/business.
- Develop, maintain and update Contract Programme and Programme to Build in accordance with the project requirements.
- Provide strategic programmes – tender, procurement, design, construction, and short-term. Liaise with the site team to check on progress, and issues and review planned progress to ensure the programme is maintained.
- Project planning experience and knowledge of strategic planning and project/ programme management systems.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- MEP planning specialists with good digital skills - modelling and 4D planning, as well as Asta or P6 – preferably both to a high standard.
- Experience of pre-construction work winning processes, producing Bid Programmes and associated time-related information as part of a tender bid team.
- Major project experience is ideal however we also motivate applications from candidates who have led the planning and control functions on smaller-scale projects and implemented robust project controls.
- A good perception of MEP techniques and ideally a HNC / Degree in an MEP-related field.
- Ability to analyse, collate and utilise a range of data and information for reporting and forecasting.
- Maintenance of programme and other time-related material.
- Implementing robust project controls, accurate reporting and forecasting.
- Developing strategic planning techniques.
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a duty to learn.
To apply online click here.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality – this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
Laing O'Rourke value and care about difference and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the ‘Offer an interview scheme'. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.