ISG Construction South is currently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor to lead on a major public sector framework scheme. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to lead on a major public sector scheme in Kent. As Senior Quantity Surveyor this individual will be responsible for all financial aspects of the project working closely with the Project Team to control all commercial contractual matters. Due to the size and nature of this project, we're looking to speak to experienced Senior Quantity Surveyors who have a proven track record on projects of at least £50m +
- To maximise the commercial position of the project for ISG whilst maintaining positive Client relationships.
- Protect ISG's contractual position by ensuring all obligations are discharged appropriately.
- Ensure ISG's governance and procedural requirements are adhered to.
- To take active responsibility for all commercial procedures in conjunction with the Senior Commercial Manager.
- To take a lead role in the valuation process where applicable.
- Develop initial project budget and agree detailed cost plan with the Senior Commercial Manager for agreement with the professional team.
- Ensure project insurance arrangements are adhered to.
- Advise Clients and Consultants on procurement routes available and advise on selection of Sub-Contractors for package works.
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience of successfully carrying out a similar Commercial Management role on projects, £50 M + and delivery within the time and budget constraints to a high quality.
- Recent experience with tender bid issue, review and analysis procedures, Works Contract preparation, cost reporting and valuation procedures.
- Must be passionate about work, committed to excellence and continuous improvement both on personal and divisional level with a proven record of delivering results.
- Must be able to build trust and confidence through open communications and informing colleagues about issues that will affect their role.
- Acts as the lynch pin with the day to day running of the project in terms of procurement and financial control and as a result must be an effective communicator.
- Acts as the key co-ordinator with the professional team and Works Contractors in respect to the valuation process.
To apply online click here.
Our workplace strategy ‘Work for You’ includes flexible working practices such as hybrid working where employees can split their working time between work and home. We also recognise that some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, so if this is important to you please discuss this with your recruiter, during the hiring process.
ISG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.