With a buoyant UK market and a consistently growing pipeline of projects Globally, Systech are in a position to offer unique opportunities for Quantity Surveyors focusing on bridging the gap between being a Senior Quantity Surveyor and becoming a Commercial Manager within the claims and disputes arena.
Systech are a leading construction consultancy business that provide multi-disciplinary services to the major main contractors, globally. Systech are often engaged to advise our clients on matters relating to claims management (preparation, presentation, negotiating and defence) and dispute resolution services (contentious and non contentious). If you are a commercial professional with a desire to progress your career within the specialist area of claims and disputes, then Systech could be the right career move for you.
We offer tailored individual support geared towards helping you achieve full chartership. This includes internal quarterly seminars presented by industry leaders, consultants who are qualified RICS Assessor’s and a dedicated Training consultant who will create a bespoke learning programme towards individual requirements. As a consultancy we offer a collaborative working environment with our in-house team of consultants including Lawyers, Barristers, Forensic Experts and Claims Specialist.
You will hold a BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (or similar, a 2:1 or higher preferred) with a minimum 8 years experience with a main contractor.
- To take responsibility for the delivery of professional assignments.
- Managing team members on key major projects
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the contract
- Preparation of management Accounts including Project cost and value reporting
- Understanding of tendering and procurement processes
- Subcontract procurement and management
- Maintenance of project records
- Change Management including raising and valuing variations /compensation events
- Preparation of Applications and Valuations
- Awareness of project planning techniques
- A sound working knowledge of various standard forms of contracts including NEC and JCT
- Supporting major claims and knowledge of dispute resolution
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (or similar, a 2:1 or higher preferred)
- Good knowledge of contract conditions and law within the Construction Industry
- A persuasive track record in the delivery of commercial
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Presentable and articulate
- Excellent organiser with proven time management skills
For more information or to discuss available opportunities at Systech International, in the UK or globally, please contact Nick Jeffs (Group Head of Recruitment) via: email@example.com / 0207 940 7656