Murphy Group has created a new position for a Senior Site Engineer to mentor and coordinate site engineering resource for Lot 9, Derby, LME, East West Rail and future midlands projects. As a senior site engineer you will enjoy mentoring and developing more junior Engineers, be technically minded and have forward thinking approach to your work.
- Supervise assistant and site engineers
- Assist with temporary works design schemes
- Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
- Maintain good working relations with client / designer / Team, together with our supply chain.
- Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
- Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process.
- Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / project team.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the PMP / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
- At least 5 years, proven experience in large civil engineering projects, Rail environment, preferably with stations and structures experience.
- Ability to produce, implement and manage safe systems of work for construction procedures.
- Ability and confidence to communicate and present to Top Level Management, Senior level clients and public.
- An understanding of the commercial issues in undertaking a large scale construction project.
- Ability and confidence to discuss engineering issues with people across various levels and disciplines.
- Excellent knowledge of current civil engineering legislation as well as Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Experience managing other site engineers and coordinating engineering resources.
- Effective mentor, able to develop junior site engineers.
- PTS Qualified
To apply online click here.