Due to growth of work on HS2 and other projects, Skanska Technology Ltd (STL) is seeking to recruit a Senior Civil/Structural Design Engineer to join our busy and successful team. STL provides Civil, Structural and Infrastructure design services for a wide range of design and build projects within Rail, Highway and Water sectors, amongst others, to both in-house and external clients.
Reporting to the Senior Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the technical and commercial delivery of civil engineering design projects. This will involve hands on delivery of design, client liaison, fee management and providing technical leadership and direction to the project team.
- Undertake designs in the common structural materials to Eurocode
- Plan and manage delivery of projects to agreed time and cost
- Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with internal quality standards and processes.
- Undertake technical training/mentoring of Engineers, Graduate Engineers and Technicians
- Work collaboratively with customers to understand and develop project objectives and to build excellent customer relationships
We are looking for someone with the following:
- An accredited degree in Civil Engineering.
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer with the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE) or Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE).
- Design focussed experience, which may be in either permanent or temporary works design, but also knowledge of construction methods and techniques
- An ability to plan, direct & control tasks, people & resources to meet project deadlines and financial targets
- An ability to lead teams & develop staff to meet technical & managerial needs.
- Familiarity with Eurocodes and other relevant design standards
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
Please Note - Role will be based in our Maple Cross office with the added benefit of flexible working arrangements.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska.
For more information or if you would like a confidential discussion, please contact me directly on Paramjit.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply online before September 28 click here.