SHES Advisor – HS2 Enabling Works - Birmingham
Are you an experienced SHESQ Advisor? If so then Murphy Group is keen to hear from you. You will assist SHES Management in the implementation of Group SHES Management Systems and provide SHES advice and support to employees.
As part of HS2 enabling works, we have been awarded the Work Package 62. The project focus is highways and utility diversion and comprises heavy earthworks, roadworks (tarmac, signalling, fencing white lining), traffic management, deep drainage works, multiple utilities diversions, non-contestable utility connections and construction of attenuation pond with the associated penstock chambers and outfalls.
· Establish and promote best practice in safety, health, environmental, sustainability and quality (SHES) matters in conjunction with the SHES function.
· Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the SHESQ of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Procedures.
· Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
· Support management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the SHESQ Plans.
· Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
· Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences.
· Experience in a SHES role and relevant SHES Membership (e.g IOSH, IEMA, CQI)
· CSCS Card
· MS package Knowledge (e.g. Outlook, Excel,
For more information and to apply please visit our website here.