McLaughlin & Harvey are one of the leading Civil Engineering and Building Contractors operating throughout the UK and Ireland.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Site Agent - Civils to join the team.
The successful candidate will have a wide and varied remit making full use of their experience and skills.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience in managing one site or a section of a larger site as part of a wider team, including safety, health, environmental, quality, programme, resource, commercial and contractual aspects. The successful candidate may have to travel throughout the UK.
- Understand duties and responsibilities with regards to current Health and Safety/CDM legislation, including those of other parties and ensure compliance
- Ensure all site activities are undertaken in compliance with McLaughlin and Harvey SHEQ policies and procedures
- Ensure that the project programme is available and communicated to the supply chain prior to work commencing
- Manage the work in line with the programme, monitor progress and update the programme accordingly, including elements of design and procurement
- Chair subcontractor progress meetings, prepare minutes and circulate
- Produce weekly / monthly progress reports as appropriate
- Communicate programme risks to the management team and maintain records for contractual correspondence
- Plan and manage site resources to ensure there is a safe working environment and to achieve the programme
- Ensure accurate daily records including site diary are maintained and communicated for labour, material and plant, including subcontractors
- Communicate McLaughlin and Harvey policies and procedures to subcontractors and ensure these are being observed
- Produce, implement and maintain the site logistics plan detailing access, egress, transit routes, plant location, storage, waste disposal etc
- Manage the subcontract package in line with the subcontract order documents, including the pre-let meeting minutes and attendances
- Ensure the management team are kept appraised of variations to the works and any matter likely to have commercial or contractual implications
- Strong work ethic
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Willing to work and travel throughout the UK
Previous experience in a similar role.
The successful candidate must be willing to work throughout the UK.
What's in it for you?
At McLaughlin and Harvey we offer a fantastic benefits package including the following:
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Generous pension contributions
- Life Assurance
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply by clicking here.
McLaughlin & Harvey are an equal opportunities employer