About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has exciting opportunities for Site Engineers with experience of Earthworks, Drainage and Structures packages to join our team based in Birmingham, West Midlands.
To undertake Site Engineering control and implementation of works on site, including monitoring and reporting of progress
What you'll be doing
As a Site Engineer, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
- Checking technical information (specifications and drawings); identification of any ambiguities or shortcomings therein and reporting to line manager to enable Technical Queries to be raised for their resolution;
- Ensure that sufficient information is available on drawings and sketches to set out the works in accordance with the programme and report any inconsistencies in the information provided to the section engineer to resolve;
- Dimensional setting out and control of temporary and permanent works;
- Arrange and allow time for independent checking where required;
- Checking the calibration of survey equipment;
- Undertake Quantity take off for materials from drawings to enable requisitions to be raised.
Who we're looking for
The following personal qualities and experience are required:
- Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering
- Site experience in Civil Engineering
- Experience of drainage, traffic management, structures and highways
- Relevant CSCS Card;
- Willingness to work as part of a team, to gain knowledge and experience from colleagues and supervisors and to accept challenges.
Why work for us
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability.
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.
To apply online click here.