James and Son ltd are a well-established Drywall, Suspended ceilings and Plastering specialist sub-contractor who carries out repeat and regular works, for highly reputable main contractors within the commercial and high-end residential sector’s.
Due to continued growth in the business we are seeking an additional Site Manager to join the team. This role will be to immediately assist with the delivery of projects in and around London.
About The Role
- To successfully manage all elements of our works on any given site either single handily or as part of a team.
- Must be diverse and able to manage single or multiple projects in and around London.
- Ensure high standards are up held at all times resulting in a high-quality project completed on time, within budget and implemented within the required health and safety standards.
- Attend regular progress meetings, produce minutes and update programmes as required.
- Complete and issue detailed weekly project reports, making sure all record keeping is thorough, regular and accurate including marked up drawings and photographs.
- Maintain and keep operatives attendance records and book in operatives wages with the office each week.
- To review drawings, specifications and assist with overview and development of details, to ensure works delivered are to the highest quality and in line with the architects specification.
- To ensure all works are built exactly to manufacturers guidelines.
- To produce site specific logistic plans, method statements, risk assessments and COSHH assessments.
- Ensure adequate resources are on site to achieve project programmes.
- Allocate work and evaluate operatives against objectives, ensuring that no task is beyond their capabilities.
- Carry out daily task briefings with all operatives on site before they commence works.
- Plan, manage and place orders for all materials and plant required on site in order to complete the works to project programmes.
- Liaise on a day-to-day basis with clients and/or their representatives to resolve immediate issues, ensuring their needs at achieved and maintaining a professional approach
About The Candidate
- Drylining and Suspended Ceilings experience is essential on projects ranging up to £3m in Value.
- Must have SMSTS, Minimum gold (but ideally black) CSCS card, First Aid and PASMA training.
- Ability to work in a fast paced construction environment and be able to work to achieve tight deadlines.
- Fully experienced in delivering projects from appointment to completion on site.
- Ability to take full control and responsibility for delivery, health & safety, quality and environmental aspects.
- Has good knowledge and experience in both commercial and high-end residential sectors.
- Can do all their own site admin - Project reports, Environmental reporting, RFI’s etc
- Good IT skills essential – needs to be able to adapt to use project specific document portals.
- Liaise with contractors and clients of all levels.
- Fully conversant with specifications/drawings, Bills of Quantities, CDM regulations and all relevant Health & Safety legislation.
- Ability to mobilise, manage and co-ordinate subcontractors.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Ambitious, hard-working and punctual.
Please send your CV to – firstname.lastname@example.org