Reporting to: Contracts Manager
Liaising with: Project Manager
Hours of work: 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Direct Reports: Subcontractors and Direct workforce
Department: Mains Renewal
Location: Site based across London & South East, working out of our Depot Leabridge Road East London
- Must hold a current UK Driving License
- SMSTS (Site Management Safety Training Scheme)
- EUSR National Water Hygiene
- Confined Space Trained (Desirable)
- NRSWA Supervisor
To supervise construction activities that take place on a day-to-day basis at various mains renewal sites. To ensure the successful completion of the works under your supervision, and that all activities undertaken on site are carried out to the highest practicable health, safety, and quality standards. To ensure that works are delivered to programme delivery dates.
- Provide, monitor, and control, labour, plant and materials to meet the programme.
- Monitor and instruct Subcontractor and Direct workforce, identifying training requirements and ensuring only trained, competent and authorised persons are completing assigned tasks and operating equipment and plant.
- Ensure delivery of briefings including start of shift, method statements, risk assessments and regular toolbox talks covering appropriate health, safety and environmental issues are recorded and understood by your teams.
- To ensure that permits are received and completed and that controls
- Interpret and apply engineering drawings
- Ensure hazardous materials are stored, handled, used and disposed of in accordance with the COSHH assessment.
- Report all health and safety incidents, including near misses and injuries, immediately, and assist with any incident investigations.
- Comply with environmental legislation and company procedures.
- Monitor quality standards on site ensuring high standard of works to meet the specification requirements ‘first time’ and minimise rework.
- To carry out any other duties appropriate to this post
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Car allowance
- Eligibility to join Company Pension Scheme after a full 12 months service
- Access to EAP scheme
- Access to Medicash
- Continuous development opportunities
- CSR Programme (3 days supported per annum)
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
J Browne Construction Co Ltd values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.