About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a SUB AGENT to join our Regional team to work in Braintree, Essex.
- Highways and civils accountabilities are key to lead and control a section of the works, according to a specific discipline. Management of a team of Section Engineers & Site Engineers within same discipline.
What you'll be doing
As a Sub Agent, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Reviews Method Statements and Risk Assessments and makes improvements as appropriate
- Able to lead an Accident / Incident Investigation (HFACS and Four Page Report)
- Guides & coaches subordinates in technical requirements and techniques of setting out
- Ownership of whole process of production, checking and submission of Handover Documentation (Green Files or equivalent)
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately. Suggests and implements improvements to systems;
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity; experienced at encouraging direct reports to do the same and managing a team to ensure tasks are carried out effectively and key messages cascaded
- Strong communication skills with good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Understands method statements and risk assessments, able to develop new and improved safe systems of work.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
To apply online click here.