We have a requirement for a Technical Manager/Senior Design Engineer to work within our existing estimating team, based in our head office in Belfast.
Your role will be to advise on geotechnical design requirements at tender stage for aspects of pile design to include retaining walls, bearing piles, bored and driven piling operations work, and the preparation of detailed design submission at contract award.
The successful candidate will also oversee the preparation and issue of pile design calculations by others.
You may be required to travel within the UK & Ireland to attend meetings.
What you'll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or
• Take responsibility for all aspects of detailed Geotechnical Pile design at both at tender and contract award stage.
• Working closely and constructively with Estimating Director; Design Engineer & Senior Estimators at tender stage to provide tender design support as required.
• On Contract award oversee and prepare detailed pile design submissions for issue to external Clients and address technical queries and comments as required.
• Provide support and guidance to Contracts staff to ensure effective and efficient delivery of contracts in line with design requirements.
• Build a key relationship with Business Development Manager to continue to build the professional image of the Company to all external bodies.
What you'll bring
As a Technical Manager/Senior Design Engineer, your main skills and experience will include:
• Chartered Civil Engineer
• Third level qualification (BSc or equivalent) in Engineering
• Minimum 7 years’ experience of geotechnical design
• Primary experience in pile design including deep basements and retaining walls
• Proficient in use of key proprietary computer software packages pertinent to design
• Ability to produce quality design submissions and an ability to self-check and produce accurate work
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Flexible regarding travel, prepared to travel to site locations or meetings within the UK and Ireland
• Full valid driving licence
• CSR/CSCS Qualification or equivalent
• Experience of Soil Nail Anchor design / Slope stability / Ground Improvement
• Experience of using AutoCAD, BIM or other equivalent software
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus we’ll provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Our Core Benefits include:
• Employer Pension Contribution
• Paid Membership fees of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies
• Life Assurance
• Health Cash Plans
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Gym Membership and use of our Gym at Head Office in Belfast
• Company Car/Car Allowance & Fuel Card
At FK Lowry, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we'll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we'll do whatever we can to help.
To apply for this post please submit your CV by visiting https://laganscg.com/careers/vacancies or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish you every success in your application.
FK LOWRY ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER