An exciting new role has been created to support the rapid growth and positioning of PERI’s Modular Scaffolding System ‘PERIUP’ in the UK construction market.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Scaffold Design Engineer to manage a team of designers capable of delivering both standard and complex scaffolding and shoring solutions and providing our clients with the comprehensive first-class service expected of PERI.
We seek a dynamic customer focused leader who can help nurture and develop our existing team while building new design capacity at our Brentwood Head Office to meet the rapidly growing demands of our customers.
The role will involve the planning, monitoring and reporting of design delivery as well as full oversight of engineering design standards, processes and project controls to ensure delivery meets the required quality, safety, time and cost needs of a project. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in leading and developing design teams with practical knowledge of scaffolding assembly, supervision, and inspection.
- In depth knowledge in all aspects of scaffolding and shoring designs
- Proven ability to lead and mentor individuals to reach their full potential
- Methodical, well organised, while pragmatic with a hands-on approach
- Good social and collaborative skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Manage the performance, development, coaching and training of the scaffold designers.
- Provide technical advice to all internal and external stakeholders and oversee the preparation of accurate and economical drawings, schedules and material quotations as well as project execution plans, scope documents, design deliverables, design and delivery programmes, design fee estimates & risk assessments.
- Ensure consistent and efficient working practices, evaluating compliance with engineering processes and procedures and supporting the development & maintenance of engineering tools to increase productivity
- Work closely with the Engineering Director, Sales Director & Segment Managers to help support strategic growth
What you’ll need
- Extensive UK system scaffolding design experience with up to date knowledge and understanding of UK scaffolding industry technical and safety guidance
- Experience of applying relevant European and British Standards applicable to Scaffolding and Shoring
- Experience of leading and motivating a team, with excellent communication skills
- BSc/BEng in Civil/Structural or Mechanical Engineering and working towards chartered engineering status is desirable
- Strong work ethic, high degree of integrity, open and reliable
- Approachable, professional, and objective orientated
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and adapt to changing environments
What you’ll get in return
- Cash for Car allowance
- Competitive salary & non contractual annual bonus
- 25 days annual leave (Incl. 5 day Christmas shut down) plus Bank Holidays
- Company pension contributions 3% employee + 6% contribution
- Private healthcare cover
- Death in service x2 base salary
What’s it like to work for PERI
Our recent employee survey indicated that employees felt “The friendliness of the company enables you to feel part of the PERI family”
Candidates applying must hold sufficient Right to Work Documents for the UK. Please send your CV to Recruitment@peri.ltd.uk