Our Temporary Works Engineers are critical to our operational teams working safely and efficiently. You will be responsible for carrying out detailed design and checks of temporary works and minor permanent works for our Energy contract with UKPN, providing the technical support to assist with operational activities.
We do what we say
- That’s why we need people like you to help us. People who enjoy getting things done with a focus on the details.
This crucial role puts you in control of all detailed designs. You will ensure the provision of technical information, undertake the preliminary designs and prepare clear, well-structured calculations and reports to support the project delivery team.
We’ll look to you to build and maintain key relationships with client stakeholders, to understand their requirements, as well as internal colleagues to support and advise during the design phase and later construction phase.
We’re looking for excellent attention to detail and a true effectuator who inspires others to do the same and these are just some of the activities you’ll perform:
- Provide expert technical support to review method statements, design certificates, risk assessments, calculations and drawings, ensuring a high quality of work
- Support operational activities, including excavations, falsework and formwork, access scaffolds, working platforms, shaft/tunnel installation, lifting operations, reinforced concrete structures, bases and roof slabs, steelwork fabrications and cable pulling
- Lead and manage on health & safety issues
- Collaborate with a variety of teams including planning and design, supervisors, and the Temporary Works Coordinators to ensure consistency and a high level of accuracy
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation as well as Clancy policies and procedures
We’d love to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following
Excellent experience in the detailed design of permanent and temporary works including the use of CAD. Thorough knowledge of engineering management, construction processes and technical design are all pre-requisites for this role. You will possess demonstrable experience in a major civil engineering contractor or consultancy and a thorough knowledge of safety legislation.
An excellent communicator and problem solver, you will need to be prompt in identifying risks and resolving any issues. This environment will test your analytical and problem-solving skills, just as much as your planning experience.
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 24 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
To apply online click here.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.