J.O’ Doherty Haulage are a major supplier to the UK construction industry, providing a broad range of services from Skip Hire and Waste Management, Aggregates & Concrete Supply right through to Earthworks, Asbestos Management and Demolition. Our Facilities Management division offers a wide range of services to commercial and residential clients for reactive and planned maintenance, right through to refurbishment and building installation.
We know our people are our greatest asset, and that is why we invest in making sure we have the best people throughout the business. We encourage and support every employee in achieving their career aspirations; propelling the business forward and enabling us to achieve the high standards our customers expect throughout their J.O’ Doherty journey
Due to continued business expansion J.O’D Group are now seeking enthusiastic and committed individuals to join our busy operations team based at our recycling depot in Edmonton, N18, As a Transport Coordinator for the Transport department, you will join the existing team and be responsible for coordinating the day to day transport operational movements of our large fleet of Tippers, Hook loaders and Grab vehicles.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- Manage and control the transport network function of the Transport department.
- Ensure a first-class service is received by the end customer.
- Ensure that deliveries are completed on time and efficiently and all traffic activities are accurately documented and reported.
- Liaise with the compliance team ensuring Legislative and procedural compliance on maintenance and WTD.
- First point of contact for drivers
- Optimising the use of the entire fleet ensuring that we remain efficient and cost effective at all times.
- Liaising with other sites/ departments across the company.
- Deal with customer enquiries by telephone and email, and ensure all queries are dealt with timely and efficiently.
- Ensure all databases are up to date with the most accurate information.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of waste, skips, aggregate types and tipper Lorries. (Desirable)
- At least 1 year’s previous transport experience in Transport Coordination.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own work load.
- Composure under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Fast learner.
Attractive package for the right candidate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.