Reporting to the Head of Communications, this person will have both an interest and ideally some experience in corporate communications, PR, social media and brand. They will be self-motivated and want to be part of a small, in-house communications team for a dynamic international construction company. This person will source content, stories and corporate communications ideas for our internal and external channels to an agreed plan across sour UK business.
John Sisk & Son is an innovative, international construction and engineering company employing 2,000 people. We are experienced in delivering high-quality projects across the UK, Ireland and Europe. With a group turnover of €1.5bn and an industry leading balance sheet, we have the strong financial platform, track record and capacity to be a total solutions provider.
- Creating stories and content to promote the business externally and internally
- The person will be adept at liaising with people and building relationships across the business in order to develop an understanding of the key themes and messages required
- Willingness to travel across the UK to various projects, offices and events as required
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- A self-starter, with high energy, initiative and a solution focussed, can do attitude
- Creativity and the ability to devise both written and visual communication plans using tools appropriate for internal audiences
- SharePoint, Yammer, social media and PowerPoint desired
- Journalism experience is beneficial, but not essential
- A qualification in Journalism, PR, Marketing or Communications (ideally degree level)
To apply please submit a CV and short cover note via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions and would like to discuss these roles further, please contact Tom Byrne, Head of Communications at t.byrne@Sisk.ie