Are you working in the Digital Engineering environment of MEP, with a consultant or Contractor?
- Can you work autonomously and set out weekly workflows always meeting agreed target deadlines?
- Do you have engineering experience in MEP and utility distribution systems, including the co-ordinating and drafting of below ground utilities to above ground termination positions into dedicated plant areas, for Gas, Potable Water, Drainage, Electricity and Telecommunication services?
About the role:
This is a primary role to support the technical lead in utilities and to assist all teams in the Laing O'Rourke business when delivering utilities on our projects. We provide technical assistance and project management when called upon, this can include the review of design consultants' reports, drawings, and information to reduce project risks and highlight opportunities. This can include producing drawings, Navis files, vehicle tracking information into bespoke 3D models, reports or project trackers that will assist the project team's management, and delivery of Utilities.
Collating Utility providers, Survey, Civil, Structural and MEP information, extracting all Utility information to add into a single 2D or 3D format, providing a single holistic view of project utilities, for the Existing, Removals and New services related to projects. The work also included numbering, and creating schedules to identify each service found, this helps our program planners, and commercial team build cost and timescales certainty. The information is also added, and used in reports, to visually high light key risks, and opportunities.
Other tasks can be generating visual drawings, renders, and snap shots to help create reports for our in house Bid teams, project leaders or clients. This may include short synchro works to show how a transformer is installed or replaced for example. Vehicle tracking experience is also a benefit to the work we do.
As the dedicated Utilities engineer, key support is building and owning the digital family's library of infrastructure services, plant areas, metering rooms, termination points relating to utilities connecting to our varying projects.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Autodesk Revit (MEP)
- Autodesk Civil 3D
- Autodesk Navisworks Simulate or Manage
- Ability to produce 3D models and drawings suitable for installation and fabrication
- Ability to create bills of material from the 3Dmodel to a fabrication level of detail
- Ability to export and import IFC
- Bluebeam to mark-up PDF and create holistic utility layouts, of the existing, removals ,and new services required.
- Microsoft office suite
- Working knowledge of Asite
- Bluebeam to mark-up PDF's and create holistic utility layouts, of the existing, removals ,and new services required.
- Microsoft office suite of tools, including Excel, and Word to populate project trackers.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk BIM360 and BIM
To apply online click here.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality – this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it. Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the ‘Offer an interview scheme'. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.