Are you brilliant at developing and maintaining relationships with clients in the modular accommodation sector?
Are you passionate about raising the bar from a product safety, sustainability and customer service standpoint?
Are you considering what's next for your career?
Then we'd love to hear from you!
Work Winning Leader / Senior Business Development Manager - Select Modular Accommodation
- Working as part of the work winning team in a defined geographical area developing a pipeline of work and creating new business opportunities from new clients in line with the work winning strategy.
- To work as part of a team to ensure the overall financial targets are hit each year.
- To secure repeatable contracts for the Modular Accommodation Business.
- To raise the profile of the Select Modular Accommodation business within the industries identified in the work winning strategy.
Reporting structures and relationships:
Line management report to the Work Winning Manager. Will liaise at all levels across the Select business however working closely with the Work Winning Team to develop solutions and present our offers and proposals.
What will the role look like?
- Develop and maintain existing relationships to ensure advance knowledge of upcoming projects i.e. future pipeline.
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities in both private and public sectors and own these through to successful conversion up to the point of handing over to the operations team.
- Develop a strategy to grow market share in new sectors. Support this with analysis and research on Clients and what products would be required.
- Build these new Client networks with the aim of securing new opportunities.
- Support the wider business when opportunities arise for the complete offering in Select Modular Accommodation and the wider Select business through cross selling.
- Maintain and record all activity on the company CRM system and complete monthly pipeline / business development reports (and ad hoc reports as required).
- Be part of a team that delivers targets to achieve business revenue growth targets year on year in line with the overall business plan.
- Maintain up-to-date market knowledge of competitors.
- Complete high-quality submissions of quotations.
- Demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness to aid the commercial teams.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Strong drive towards achieving goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to listen to gain an intuitive understanding of clients' business objectives.
- Able to prospect to pursue new pipeline opportunities.
- Demonstrable skills in negotiation and selling.
- Strong professional presence, both articulate and numerate.
- Determined mindset to deliver on business plan.
- Well organised and having effective time management to respond to clients.
- Has ideally worked in External Field Sales Role.
- Experience of delivering results.
- Experience working in a team.
- Experience of working in time pressure environment.
- Experience within the Modular education or healthcare sector.
- Travel within geographical region where necessary.
- Must have driving licence.
- Field based role.
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
Talk to us about flexible, dynamic, job share and part time working options.
To apply online click here.
Select Modular Accommodation
With over 30 years' experience, Select has built an excellent reputation as one of the UK's largest – and most diverse – suppliers of choice for equipment, accommodation, and services to the construction industry. Select understands the critical role that logistics, engineering, working environment, safety and reliability plays in modern construction, and our considered approach ensures our customers receive so much more than the tools to get the job done. Our expertise enables us to work with our clients to develop solutions that maximise efficiency and deliver real value to a project, setting us apart from our competitors.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality – this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it. Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
As part of the Disability Confident scheme, we would like to enable access to candidates with long term health conditions and disabilities through the ‘Offer an interview scheme'. This supports applicants that meet the essential criteria by offering an interview for the advertised position. Please let us know prior to interview what adjustments are required as well as discussing how we can support you in the workplace.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email [email protected]