Contractors got on board with star architects to take part in an initial design competition run by RIBA as part of the shortlisting process.
This week the bidders for the prestigious project were slimmed down from nine to six.
The bidders are:
- Bovis Lend Lease and Grimshaw / Jonathan Bailey Associates
- Brookfield with Woods Bagot / BDP
- Kier and Allies and Morrison / Devereux Architects
- Laing O’Rourke with Anshen & Allen Associates and Rogers Stirk Harbour & Partners
- Mace and Make
- Skanska and Hopkins Architects
Those left on the wayside include Balfour Beatty in partnership with Olympic Aquatics Centre architect Zaha Hadid and Vinci with Foster and Partners.
The shortlisted bidders will all now receive a design brief from client Guy’s & St Thomas’s NHS Foundation Trust next week. A winner for the deal is due to be announced over the summer.