The project manager will help appoint a design team, and steer the ambitious project forwards for an application for Lottery funding in November 2011.
Piece Hall is an important part of Halifax’s history and was built to house prosperous cloth traders some 230 years ago.
The complex renovation project involves punching a new ‘fourth’ entrance through the exterior wall of the historic 18th century building and transforming the huge courtyard at its heart into a bustling town square.
The upper level of the landmark building boasts more than 300 rooms behind arcades and columns that will be turned into business units. The buildings middle floor has been earmarked for high quality retail use.
Calderdale Council has budgeted for a project management fee on the job of up to £200,000. Interested firms have until 21 June to contact the council.
The project manager will help take the project to detailed design to RIBA Stage E and secure planning permission and listed building consent.
A final detailed planning application is due to be submitted in September 2011 with a final decision in February 2012.
Project schedule summary
- Appointment of consultant July 2010,
- Submission of second round application November 2011,
- Award of second round approval April 2012,
- Completion of design, tender documents, invite tenders Spring/Summer 2012,
- Start on site October 2012,
- Completion of works April 2014,
- End of maintenance period April 2017.