Gove revealed the document during a grilling from MPs on Monday afternoon over mistakes made last week in detailing which schools will be cut from the programme.
He apologised last week after the list of more than 700 schools facing rebuilding or refurbishment work being cancelled was strewn with 25 errors and had to be republished.
The latest version of the list came as Gove was grilled by MPs from constituencies affected by the budget cuts, including members of his own party, during the Education Questions session.
Opposition from Liberal Democrats has been led by Simon Hughes, the party’s deputy leader.
Shadow schools secretary Ed Balls, who oversaw the Building Schools for the Future programme when Labour was in government, has led the attacks on Gove.
Today Balls attacked the “arbitrary and chaotic” process by which schools were told whether their rebuilding plans were going to be protected or scrapped.
But Gove defended his decision. He said: “Everyone involved in this process said to me: ‘Make sure that you ensure that this faltering and failing project ends'”.
The revised list of BSF schemes facing the axe can be found here.