Administrator PwC is understood to be planning to novate these ongoing construction contracts on a piecemeal basis as quickly as possible.
As many as 50 contractors are rumoured to have shown an interest in buying part or all of the Rok group.
It now looks like the stricken contractor’s social housing arm will be sold off in one deal, while many upcoming multi-contractor framework jobs will simply be passed to other firms on the list.
But Rok signed several big deals in the weeks before the collapse, which are likely to be rebid.
These include a contract with Axa subsidiary Inter Partner Assistance to provide home emergency services to customers, said to be worth a £40m, and a similar deal to handle all repair and maintenance claims for Tesco’s home insurance business.
On the traditional building side, Highlands and Islands Enterprise will need to find a builder to replace Rok, which had just signed a £31m sole contractor building framework for four years.
Rok had also just started building a £11m student block in Middlesbrough, and was on a big upgrade to the British Airways Engineering facilities at Heathrow, as part of its portfolio of airport jobs.
Another big prize for circling contractors is the £130m Oldham PFI deal to build 320 properties on the Crossley and Primrose Bank estates as part of the Inspiral consortium, comprising John Laing subsidiary Regenter, Manchester Methodist Housing Association.
Much of the regional offices’ building work in progress is made up of rafts of small building jobs, although there are still several larger contracts to tempt regional building firms.
- Bolton: £2m to build 30 Manchester homes
- Birmingham: £17m housing scheme of 103 homes in West Bromwich
- Crawley: £2.5m Ashley school in Walton on Thames, £2m Woolton Quad Faculty, Brighton
- Eastbourne: £5.5m King’s Park Primary School in Bournemouth, £5m St Bedes Preparatory School Hailsham
- Exeter: £13m airport training facility (half built); £5m Trowbridge Civic Centre, £5m Yeovil housing, £5m Plymouth housing, £2.45m Sir Henry Wellcome building at the University Exeter
- Fareham: £2.7m care homes scheme in Bournemouth. Bidding: £17m High Wycombe 170 housing unit job
- Gateshead: £2m Royal Victoria Infirmary. Bidding £3m Theatre Royal Newcastle
- Glasgow: £25m Fife distillery, £13m Hamilton international business park, £12m Coatbridge College
- Grimsby: £2m Messingham County School. Bidding £2.5m Lancashire schools
- Leeds: £5m Bradford housing contract
- Nottingham: £4m Aboretum Primary School, £8m Park Hospital, £5m Meadowside Leisure centre. Bidding £15m Loughborough University
- Reading: £3m Parlaunt Park School Slough, Bidding £14m schools in Hillingdon
- Rochdale: £130m PFI Oldham new housing work, £5.5m Rye Hill mental health unit in Newcastle
- Teeside: £11m student accommodation and retail block on the site of the former Kwik Save building in Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough