The club wants to develop 80 acres of brown field land diagonally opposite the Etihad Stadium with detailed plans due to be submitted in September following the consultation exercise.
The site will include a new 7,000-seater stadium to host youth team matches.
Outline planning consent for the site has already been granted and remediation work will begin in the coming weeks.
Work on the site will include:
• A new Academy for up to 400 young players with classrooms for 200
• On site accommodation for junior and senior players
• 16 football pitches, up to 12 of them dedicated to players aged from 8 to 18
• A state of the art first team building with changing rooms, gym, refectory and injury and rehab centre
• A 7,000 capacity stadium for youth matches
• Staff offices and a dedicated media centre
• A bridge linking the site to the Etihad Stadium and the rest of the Etihad Campus
The club said: “Around 160 construction jobs would be created during the project, 70% of them for local people.
“We would source the majority of materials, equipment and services for the construction and operation of the site from local companies, as we did in 2009 when 92% of the cost of the development of our administrative offices was spent within ten miles of the Etihad Stadium.”