The latest bid in his drive to encourage economic growth in local areas brings the total number of zones to 22.
Ministers predict that up to 30,000 new jobs could be created by 2015 from lower levels of planning control, cheaper business rates and superfast broadband.
The 11 new zones were unveiled at sites in Cornwall, Gosport, Norfolk, Hereford, Kent and Oxfordshire and Warrington.
Other locations include Essex, Suffolk, Northampton, Leicestershire, Cambridgeshire and Humber Estuary. They bring the total for the country to 22 zones.
Many of these areas will also see regeneration kick-started with new housing schemes.
The Prime Minister said: “We are determined to do everything we can to make Britain the best place in the world to start and grow a business.
“Enterprise zones are a major step towards delivering this – cutting business taxes, easing planning restrictions and giving business the tools they need to invest and expand.
“These new enterprise zones will be trailblazers for growth, jobs and prosperity throughout the country.”
- Alconbury Airfield near Huntington, led by the Greater Cambridge and Greater Peterborough local enterprise partnership
- Discovery Park in Sandwich and West Essex in Harlow, led by the Kent, Essex and East Sussex local enterprise partnership
- Rotherwas in Hereford, led by the Marches local enterprise partnership
- Great Yarmouth in Norfolk and Lowestoft in Suffolk, led by the New Anglia local enterprise partnership
- Science Vale, led by the Oxfordshire local enterprise partnership
- MIRA Technology Park in Hinckley, led by the Leicester and Leicestershire local enterprise partnership
- The Solent Enterprise Zone at Daedalus Airfield in Gosport, led by the Solent local enterprise partnership
- Northampton Waterside, led by the South East Midlands local enterprise partnership
- Daresbury Science and Innovation in North Warrington, led by Liverpool City Region and Greater Manchester local enterprise partnerships
- Humber Waterside in Kingston upon Hull, led by Huber local enterprise partnership
- Newquay AeroHub, led by the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly local enterprise partnership
11 new enterprise zones
Previously announced zones
Leeds, Sheffield, Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Derby, Nottingham, the Black Country, the Tees Valley, the West of England and the North East.