The new DA40 brings increased engine power and torque, higher payloads and lower fuel consumption.
Doosan acquired the ADT range when it bought specialist manufacturer Moxy in 2008. The new trucks will be marketed under just the Doosan brand, rather than the previous Doosan-Moxy marque.
Doosan is also understood to be looking at making 45.4t capacity ADT, and is analysing market demand.
The new machines incorporate over 40 years of expertise in the ADT market and use components from world-class suppliers such as Scania, ZF, NAF, Parker and Rexroth.
Its new line-up boasts an exceptionally flexible undercarriage, designed to ensure that all 6 wheels are in permanent contact with the ground.
This means that Doosan trucks can operate on very rough and soft terrain on construction sites such as road projects and mass excavation hauling as well as in mining and quarrying applications.
- Powered by the 6-cylinder Scania DC13 Stage IIIB compliant diesel engine with a gross power output of 368 kW (500 HP) at 2100 rpm, the new DA40 offers a 10% increase in engine power compared to the previous MT41 model.
- With a 22% increase in gross torque to 2373 Nm at 1300 rpm, the torque available in the DA40 is ‘best in class’ in the ADT market.
- The increased engine power is combined with SCR technology to lower fuel consumption.
- Contributing to an 8% reduction in fuel consumption is the new ZF transmission offering 8 forward and 4 reverse speeds. The new transmission improves the transfer of power from the engine to the wheels which means the driveline dimensions and cooling capacity of the truck have been increased.
- The DA40 offers a higher top speed of 58 km/h (36 mph).
- Body capacity increased to 24.4 m³, and the payload has been boosted to 40t without tailgate, an increase of more than 15% over the payload of the MT41.
- New hydro-gas front suspension to handle higher payloads and provide a smoother ride. This independent front suspension (there is no rigid axle) is a unique feature of the Doosan ADT and allows for free movement on one side, without movement on the opposite side.
- A new cab provides more space and improved visibility for the operator, ‘best in class’ noise levels and a fully automatic climate control system.
- For easier operation, Doosan has introduced new electronic systems and simplified fingertip controls with a digital display of all desired machine functions.
- The fully automatic 8 gear transmission and smooth Tiptronic gear-shifting (both automatic and manual gear functions are available) allow the operator to concentrate on working conditions.
- Easier service access and longer service intervals reduce operating costs. A fully automatic central greasing system and rear view camera are standard.