The five year contract will include routine and cyclic road and bridges maintenance works, winter maintenance and delivery of road, bridge and technology schemes valued between £4m-£8m.
The job is worth up to £40m a year.
Area 6 is one of 13 Highways Agency areas in England, managing approx 609 miles of the strategic road network in Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk.
- M11 Junction 6 – 9
- A1 between A1(M) and Stamford
- A11 between A14 and A47
- A12(S) between M25 Junction 28 and Ipswich
- A12(N) between Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft
- A14 between A142/Exning Junction (J37) and Felixstowe
- A47 between Peterborough and Great Yarmouth
- A120(W) Stansted (M11) to Marks Tey (A12)
- A120(E) Colchester to Harwich
The five-year maintenance deal is due to get underway in December next year.
Firms have until 19 December to obtain a copy of the Pre-Qualification Pack (PQP) through the Highways Agency’s eSourcing Portal: https://highways.bravosolution.co.uk.