Within hours of being appointed administrators, Deloitte partners Daniel Butters and Matt Cowlishaw laid off 148 of the 420 staff at the Stockton on Tees building services contractor.
Butters said: “We intend to trade the business in the short-term with a view to selling and novating the contracts to other providers.
“We will continue to work with the company’s suppliers and customers and will seek to find a buyer for the business and assets to minimise disruption.”
Deloitte has set up a hotline for contractors interested in contracts or parts of the business, who should contact Dan Renton on: 0113 292 1720. Suppliers and creditors can contact Andrew Croft on: 0191 202 5409.
The company is based in Stockton on Tees and operates from offices in Gateshead, Blackburn, Coventry, Bury St Edmunds, Croydon, Bristol, Bridgend and Exeter.
- Work in progress (total project values)
- £430m Southmead hospital, Bristol (Carillion)
- £25m Learning Campus, Ebbw Vale (Leadbitter)
- £22m Cheatham School, Manchester (Sir Robert McAlpine)
- £25m Dawlish hospital secure unit, Devon (Interserve)
- £10m Chadacre Hall Mansion refurb, Bury St Edmunds (Farrans)
- £10m Cromwell community college, Cambridge (Kier)