Bouygues took a 51% stake in the Leadbitter group in March 2011 from Dutch parent Heijmans NV with the firm’s management keeping the remaining 49% stake.
Today’s deal is the latest move by the French giant in this country which also sees it operate as Bouygues UK, Warings, Thomas Vale and Bouygues Development.
The Leadbitter group consists of Leadbitter and Denne and employs 700 people who generated a turnover of £428m in 2011.
Bouygues said the directors of Leadbitter “will retain important operational roles within the business.”
Olivier-Marie Racine, Deputy CEO of Bouygues Construction and Chairman of Bouygues Bâtiment International, said: “Thanks to the talent and commitment of Bob Rendell and his management team, Leadbitter is a solid and well managed company with an established reputation and robust client base.
“Acquiring 100% of the company is a great reflection of the company’s successful integration into the Bouygues group.
Madani Sow, Chairman of Bouygues UK, Warings and Bouygues Development said: “Leadbitter is an important addition to Bouygues in the UK, providing us with valuable access to sectors and geographies that complement our existing offering.
“It’s fantastic to have reached this key milestone in the development of our UK expansion programme.”
Bob Rendell, CEO of the Leadbitter group said: “I am delighted that we have completed this transaction and placed the ownership of the Leadbitter Group within such a financially robust and forward-thinking construction business.
“This provides the staff of Leadbitter with a very exciting and secure future and will allow us to drive the Group forward as part of a wider operating platform in the UK.”