Construction Minister Michael Fallon today confirmed the line-up which has been put together by chief Construction Adviser Peter Hansford who will chair the group.
The Construction Industrial Strategy Advisory Council (CISAC) contains representatives from all sides of the industry.
The full line up is:
• Peter Hansford (Chair) – Chief Construction Adviser, UK Government
• Denise Bower – Professor in Engineering Project Management, University of Leeds
• Mark Clare – Group Chief Executive, Barratt Developments
• Geoff Cooper – Chief Executive, Travis Perkins
• Keith Howells – Chairman, Mott MacDonald
• Chris Kane – Director, Greendale Construction
• Simon Kirby – Managing Director, Infrastructure Projects Network Rail
• Kevin Louch – Managing Director, Stanford Industrial Concrete Flooring
• Robert Mair – Professor and Head of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Cambridge
• Chris Newsome – Director of Asset Management, Anglian Water
• Ray O’Rourke – Chief Executive and Chairman, Laing O’Rourke
• David Pinder – Chief Executive, BDR Thermea
• Neil Sachdev – Property Director, Sainsbury’s
• Paul Sheffield – Chief Executive, Kier Group
• James Stewart – Chairman of Global Infrastructure, KPMG
• Jack Pringle – Principal, Managing Director, Pringle Brandon Perkins + Will
• Mike Putnam – CEO and President, Skanska UK
• Mark Wakeford – Managing Director, Stepnell
Construction Minister Michael Fallon said: “Industrial strategy is about setting out a long term Government approach to how we support business. This will give confidence now for investment and growth.
“Construction is a sector where Government and business working together can have a real impact. It can drive productivity and growth in other parts of the economy.
“We are very clear that in order for it to deliver, the construction industrial strategy must be developed in true partnership with industry. This advisory council will be an important part of that.”
Chief Construction Adviser Peter Hansford said: “I’m delighted that these key figures from across the construction industry have agreed to join our new Advisory Council.
“I look forward to working with them over the next six months to create a long-term strategy for our industry and to chart the way forward for construction in the UK.”
The industrial strategy for construction will be launched in the summer.
Panel member Kevin Louch, president of the National Specialist Contractors Council said: “CISAC will engage with the supply chain to develop a vision for the industry to become world class. By doing so it will create the opportunity to make the industry the career of choice for future generations”.