The National Planning Framework 3 (NPF3) and Scottish Planning Policy (SPP) will shape long term economic development in areas such as transport, town centres, energy and infrastructure.
NPF3 confirms the Government’s support for 14 large-scale national developments listed below.
Planning minister Derek Mackay said: “Today is a watershed for planning in Scotland – this revised planning policy will deliver improvements that will benefit the nation for decades to come.
“NPF3 confirms our support for 14 national developments that will drive economic growth, champion our most successful places, and support changes in areas where, in the past, there has been a legacy of decline.”
The 14 national developments contained within the new national planning framework are:
2. Dundee Waterfront
3. Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Network and Thermal Generation
4. High Voltage Energy Transmission Network
5. Pumped Hydroelectric Storage
6. Central Scotland Green Network
7. Metropolitan Glasgow Strategic Drainage Partnership
8. National Long Distance Cycling and Walking Network
9. High Speed Rail
10. Strategic Airport Enhancements
11. Grangemouth Investment Zone
12. Freight Handling Capacity on the Forth
13. Aberdeen Harbour
14. National Digital Fibre Network