The preferred joint venture bid from Morgan Sindall Investments and Equitix will deliver five secondary schools and seven primary schools, with work starting in March.
It is the third PF2 batch of schools to be awarded, following earlier successes by a Kajima/Interserve joint venture in the £150m Hertfordshire, Luton, Reading batch and Miller Construction on the £120m north east batch.
The next stage for Education Funding Agency, Morgan Sindall and the schools is to engage in a seven month detailed design selected bidder stage through to financial close in March 2015.
Under the deal in the north west, Morgan Sindall will be responsible for the design and construction of the schools as well as the provision of maintenance and lifecycle services over a 25-year period.
- Blacon High School, Blacon
- The Deanery Church of England High School and Sixth Form College, Wigan
- Neston High School, Neston
- Ridgeway High School, Prenton
- South Shore Academy, Blackpool
- Bedford Drive Primary School, Birkenhead
- Bridge Hall Primary School, Stockport
- Dee Point Primary School, Blacon
- Halebank Primary School, Halebank, Halton
- Hawes Side Primary School, Blackpool
- JH Godwin Primary School, Blacon
- Plymouth Grove Primary School, Manchester