Firms can secure grants of between £50,000 and £150,000 for innovative projects.
Innovate UK said: “Lack of integration in the construction industry supply chain is leading to lost innovation opportunities.
“If your business has ideas that will encourage the creation of more integrated, collaborative supply chains in the construction industry, you could win a share of £2 million.”
Innovate UK is to invest the funding to explore new ways of:
- increasing collaboration in the construction industry supply chain
- improving the flow of information throughout the construction industry supply chain
The technology body said: “If you’re working in construction or any other industry sector your business can apply for this funding.
“These feasibility studies must be business-led and projects are open to companies of any size working in collaboration.”
- small businesses could receive up to 70% of their eligible project costs
- medium-sized businesses could receive up to 60% of their eligible project costs
- large businesses could receive up to 50% of their eligible project costs
- this competition opens on 9 March 2015
- the deadline for registration is midday on 15 April 2015
- there will be a briefing day for potential applicants in Bristol on 19 March 2015
- Innovate UK is holding a consortium-building workshop in Birmingham on 27 January 2015
For more information and to apply click here