Sunderland City Council, acting on behalf of NEPO, will handle the contest aimed at achieving big cost savings on infrastructure and civil engineering projects.
More than a dozen North East local authorities, as well as education and health authorities are signed up to use the new framework.
The new framework will be will be divided up into six work types, with each category split to cover projects below £1m and above this threshhold. The split will allow smaller local firms to take a stake in the process.
As part of the tender process the council intends to hold a tender clarification briefing on 11 November at the Sunderland Software Centre at 2pm. Click to register.
Framework for civil engineering infrastructure works
- Major Infrastructure project lots: below £1m, £1-£1.5m, over £5m
- Highways lots: below £1m, £1-£1.5m, over £5m
- Marine, Coastal lots: below £1m, above £1m
- Highways Structures: below £1m, £1-£1.5m, over £5m
- Drainage lots: below £1m, above £1m
- Public Realms: below £1m, above £1m
Contractors can express an interest in this opportunity on ProContract.