Procurement chiefs are expected to formally call for expressions of interest in the next week after initially putting the industry standby for the first of its next generation of highways improvement contracts six months ago.
The £3.3bn pavement framework will cover regional investment programme projects around the country.
Highways England said the new four-year framework will be broken down into a dozen lots. Each of the main regions will be spilt between projects valued up to £1m and projects worth more.
Its partner firms will be required to supply materials, plant and labour to carry out bituminous and concrete patching, surfacing and pavement construction operations.
Pavement Framework regions up for grabs
- North East Region – HE Network areas 12 and 14
- East Region – HE Network Areas 6 and 8
- South East Region – HE Network Areas 3 and 4 and M25 DBFO
- South West Region – HE Network Areas 1 and 2
- Midlands Region – HE Network Areas 7 and 9
- North West Region – HE Network Areas 10 and 13