has over 95% of its sites open after implementing the Construction Leadership Council’s (CLC) Site Operating Procedures to ensure they remain safe.
Willmott Dixon is using a combination of technology and new practices to maintain social distancing.
Examples of how the company is maintaining social distancing to ensure safe working include:
- Extra-space for welfare facilities, such as hiring large marquees
- One-way systems for circulation, especially around bottleneck areas
- Toolbox-talks to communicate latest guidance and working practices; held in open areas, allowing for the maintenance of the two-metre rule.
- GoPro technology to film progress, which is uploaded to Microsoft Teams to show latest developments, pause and ask questions.
- Motion activated voiceover systems to remind people to abide by social distancing on site
- Hand sanitiser is available in meeting rooms, desks, and site entrances and exits, with dedicated hand wash zones
- Staggered breaks and lunch times, with clear signage for social distancing in canteens