Construction is due to start early next year with completion scheduled ahead of the 2024/25 academic year.
Balfour will design, build, finance and operate, alongside Student Living by Sodexo, a new 1,400 room student village at Rusham Park in partnership with Royal Holloway under a fifty-year concession contract.
Balfour Beatty Investments will provide 85% of the equity to finance the project with Royal Holloway investing the remaining 15%.
As part of the £130m design and build phase, Balfour Beatty will deploy modern construction methods such as the offsite manufacturing of the external walls, floors and bathroom pods.
Ion Appuhamy, Managing Director of Balfour Beatty Investments, said: “Our appointment to deliver the student village development at Rusham Park demonstrates our ongoing success in the student accommodation market.
“We are well-placed to support Royal Holloway with their ambitions, providing an integrated design, build, finance and operations offering which will ensure the seamless delivery of this essential and sustainable project.”