The new £1.3bn framework will replace the previous surfacing and pavement arrangement, which is dominated by Tarmac Trading and Aggregate Industries for projects valued over £1m.
A formal invitation to tender will be published in February 2022.
Under the new proposed set up, the existing framework of six geographical areas with two lots per area for projects either worth under or over £1m will be replaced by 9 regional lots based around Highways England’s regional maintenance areas.
Lotting structure across Highways England areas
- North Super Region: Areas 10, 12, 13 and 14
- Central Super Region: Areas 6, 7, 8 and 9
- South Super Region: Areas 1, 2, 3 and 4
- North East Region: Areas 12 and 14
- North West Region: Areas 10 and 13
- Midlands Region: Areas 7 and 9
- East Region: Areas 6 and 8
- South West Region: Areas 1 and 2
- South East: Areas 3 and 4
Highways England will host the Industry Day on 29 June, likely to be held as a Microsoft Teams call.
Interested suppliers can register by email by 22nd June.